Thursday 13 December 2012

Pome of the Day

I've been inspired for many months now by the 'Letter a Day to No.10' Facebook blog written by 'Keith Ordinary Guy'. Each day Keith writes a physical letter which he posts to David Cameron in which he exposes the lies, deceit and plain inhumanity that Ca-Moron's policies are having, particularly with regard to their effects on the lowest tier of society. They are darkly humourous, hard-hitting and very angry. Needless to say, Ca-Moron has yet to reply. Highly recommended.

http://www.facebook.com/keith.lindsaycameron?fref=ts
www.keithordinaryguy.org.uk

Another good FB friend Ged,introduced me to the wondrously talented musician Katy Anchant who I discovered, has recently adopted a similar tactic, though in her case, she writes posing as a young woman besotted with Cameron and his policies in her daily 'Letter to David'. She also physically writes and posts these letters to him.
Katy mines a very rich vein of outrageous satire and her missives are another daily delight for me.

http://www.facebook.com/katy.anchant?fref=ts
http://thedailycameron.wordpress.com/

Meanwhile, Susan, another good American FB friend had sparked back to life my love of limericks and we spent a joyful evening shortly before the USA elections trading verses taking the piss out of various putative and actual world leaders.

Hence my recent decision to try to write a Pome a Day reflecting on recent news. Mainly of course, I hope to take some skilful potshots at the despicable bunch of cretins* that call themselves the government of this country.

I'll try to gather both the international limericks that started this off, along with my early attempts aimed at the national stage - which I've been publishing on my FB page - and eventually post links to everything from this blogpost.


* I apologise to all genuine cretins who may quite rightfully be incensed with being compared with this bunch of *******!s **

** The Guild of Asterisks confirm that no *'s were harmed in the production of this blog
Mon 17 Dec
Pome of the Day - Plebgate

No comments:

Post a Comment